Totally Terrific BeauTEA Tips
Green Tea is a strong antioxidant, rich in vitamins C and E. Japanese research shows it to be a powerful enemy of the hated “free radicals,” which cause our bodies to age. Green Tea has a variety of beauty benefits and can be used all over your body to cleanse the skin, soothe sunburn, highlight the hair, relax your muscles, and calm puffy eyes.
Here are a few easy ways to use tea to look and feel your best:
• Reduce under-eye puffiness by placing two cool green tea bags over each eye and relaxing for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Soothe an insect bite or cut by placing a green tea bag over the affected area. The tea will reduce itching and swelling.
• For bad sunburn, try a green tea bath. Hang four or five green tea bags under your bath spout as you fill your tub. Soak in the fragrant, warm water.
• To keep your feet smelling their best, try a foot soak in natural green tea. The tannic acid in tea also helps kill odor-causing bacteria.
• A great way to relax or practice simple meditation is with a cup of green tea. Start your day with a cup or take a tea break to refocus a hectic day.